- M.B.A., Harvard Business School
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Mumbai
Chairperson of the Board of Directors
Mr. Gandhi will serve as Chairperson of our Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee. He is a renowned sustainable investor and the former Vice Chairman of Investment Banking and Global Head of the Financial Institutions Business for Credit Suisse and former Co-Head of Global FIG for Morgan Stanley.He is a Senior Lecturer of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School, teaching Sustainable Investing, a new course he developed, among others. Prior to Harvard Business School, Mr. Gandhi spent 23 years in investment banking at Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley. He was Vice Chairman of Investment Banking and Global Head of the Financial Institutions Business for Credit Suisse, in New York and Hong Kong as listed above. He was a member of Credit Suisse’s Global Investment Banking Management Committee and the Fixed Income Operating Committee. Prior to his tenure at Credit Suisse, Mr. Gandhi worked at Morgan Stanley, where he was Co-Head of Global FIG in New York as listed above; his prior work at Morgan Stanley included heading the Firm’s institutional strategy area, its Global E-commerce Committee, and as Country Head and President of Morgan Stanley India. During his career in investment banking, Mr. Gandhi has focused on advising boards of directors and chief executive officers around the globe on strategic direction and the implementation of major mergers, acquisitions, IPO’s and other capital raising initiatives, and corporate restructurings and buyouts.
Mr. Gandhi is also the founder of Asha Impact and is a senior advisor to The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. Asha Impact is an impact-oriented venture capital firm that invests equity capital with a target of market-rate returns in social enterprises. In addition, Asha works with its investee companies in providing strategic and management direction, access to its network, and guidance on impact measurement and management. Its affiliated organization, Asha Trust, engages with government, business and civil society on key policy issues.
Mr. Gandhi is also a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Young Presidents Organization since 1997 (New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai chapters)
- Member of the board of directors and Chairman of the Asian Regional Committee of Grameen Foundation
- Member of the board of directors, Jana Small Finance Bank and KEC International
- Member, Investment Committee at Gawa Capital
- Founding Member, Harvard University’s South Asia Initiative
- Founder, Ashoka University (the first liberal arts college established in India)
- Founding board of directors member, Social Finance India
- Member, The Global Leaders Circle at Harvard Business School